Saturday, November 12, 2011

Would funeral home work experience be beneficial or totally random?

I just finished my sopre year of college and am looking for things to build my resume. I am a recreation and tourism major. I'd like to work as a recreation program planner such as on a military base for the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation department. I've also worked for the National Park Service, so wouldn't mind working for them either. I've always been interested in the funeral industry and considered a career in mortuary science. However, I did not want to do that my entire career. Working in a funeral home would require the help to always be professional and involve working in a highly stressful and precise workplace. Besided this being something to my interest, it would also show I am able to function in these stressful and often difficult situations by isiting with funerals and visitations. Do you think this experience could be related to my future career or is this too far out there to try to relate to my line of recreation work?

No comments:

Post a Comment